Monday, February 05, 2007

The right answer, and some Wrong Answers

The Right Answer is, Because I'm Hungry.

Some of the Wrong Answers are:

Because it is there.

Because it looks good.

Because it smells good.

Because it tastes good.

Because it is good.

Because it is really good.

Because I really like it.

Because someone made it (went to the trouble/took the time/spent the money).

Because it only comes once a year (eggnog, Cadbury Mini Eggs, Girl Scout Cookies).

Because I'm bored.

Because I'm stressed.

Because I don't want to do (something).

Because I don't want to think about (something).

Because it's mealtime.

Because I should be hungry.

Because I will be hungry later.

Thinking before eating is one of the hardest things for me. Because eating is a great pleasure. But I'm not trying to deny myself everything, or always. Just trying to think, before I eat, this one time. And then this one time. And then this one time.

4 comments:

  1. (sigh)
    I can *SO* relate to this post.
    My answer usually is either "Because I can" or "Because I want to"
    (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of another: Because there's only one left in the box.

    Down with mindless eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that last lonely cookie always gets to me, too. I feel bad for it, what with some unthoughtful person coming along and eating all of its dozens of friends.

    Signed,

    an unthoughtful person


    PS: Your car clearly has gas gremlins. I think you might need to call a priest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this too, unfortunately. I have a tremendous capacity for mindless eating, it seems.

    ReplyDelete