Friday, February 16, 2007

More on winter

In the spirit of winter (who is an evil-tempered spirit, the kind who wasn't invited to the christening and has been in a snit about it ever since), here are Some Things That I Will Not Miss when winter finally, eventually gives up and hauls her frigid butt out of dodge:
  • my car being filthy dirty all the time
  • dry, dry, dry skin that no amount of lotion changes
  • static electricity so large it's like lightning, so painful I cry out even when I know it's coming, so loud the cats back away from their welcome-home charge
  • the cold (duh)
  • being freezing cold (exposed skin) and sweaty hot (under layers) at the same time
  • wearing layers upon layers
  • rearranging layers every time I go to the bathroom
  • gloves, scarves, hats: it doesn't matter if I made them (not that I've ever made a glove) and love them, I'm now sick of them
  • the Bruins losing (because that's mostly what they do of late, so they won't make the playoffs and won't be playing when Spring settles in)
If you made it to the end of the grousing, congratulations, and what are you, a glutton for punishment or something? I mean, really. But hey, you are tenacious, I'll give you that.

P.S. I bought a shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment