Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Well, how about that?

Those sneaky Bruins. I can't fool them, I can't pretend I expect them to lose, while really hoping they'll win, and have them win, but if I honestly think they'll lose just to spoil my mood?

They won last night.

They won tonight.

A girl could get spoiled.

My favorite, Patrice Bergeron, is out with a "lower body injury". Teams only used to get so silly about describing injuries during the playoffs, but now they do it all the time. I think they would say "lower body injury" if the player's leg was clearly broken, and they probably say "upper body injury" when he needs stitches after taking a stick to the face. Anyway, Patrice has missed a few games and the team has missed him, but here's the funny thing: the last few games, they're actually getting contributions from a whole bunch of players. Last night five players scored the six goals. Spreading it around is good.

The only multi-goal scorer was Petr Tenkrat, who also won the shootout for Boston Saturday night. He's on a roll! I like him because his name sounds like rink rat, but scoring is an even better reason to like him, I freely admit it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I wish I understood hockey well enough to make an intelligent comment...I can do American football. Is that worth anything? They describe injuries pretty strange there, too. And man, those guys play through darn near anything given a chance! Glad to hear your team's doing well in any case!

    ReplyDelete