Saturday, February 10, 2007

A new pleasure

To the non-Douglas Adams fans among you, this will sound nonsensical, but right now I feel like one of the creatures at the Perpetual Floating Party that Arthur, Ford, and Slartibartfast go to in the Hitchhiker's books, who grab Arthur's cherished bottle of retsina and run off chanting, "A new pleasure, a new pleasure!"

I've found another great blog to add to my favorites!

It's such a great feeling. This is one of Monica's favorites (thanks, Monica!), and I liked her recent posts enough to go back and start reading from the beginning. She started the blog back in August (hey, that's when I started blogging, too), and I'm enjoying it immensely. I've had to stop myself from commenting on about half the posts, a little late to the party but so many of them have had me laughing out loud! The idea that for the outside cats, mice might not be filling, so you're hungry again an hour later (like Chinese food) ... answering the question of what her hat size is with "about the same size as my head" ... the whole Things I Wonder About entry from September 22 ... she's such a good writer, and so funny.

We have so much in common that I'd sound like a stalker to list it all (actually, just that sounds a little stalker-ish, doesn't it?), but let's just say that if she needs another knitting, cat-loving, non-drinking writer to talk about CSI with, add me to the list.

Beyond that? Well, her house has dust gorillas, while mine has dust rhinos.

She started nursing school and was delighted to find an LYS nearby, while I moved last fall and then discovered I'd bought a condo within walking distance of an LYS without even knowing it.

If for nothing else, I would admire her for saying, "It is quite possible to have a headache larger than one's actual head." Because it is! Thanks, Ms. K, for providing another bright light in my day. Long may you reign!

1 comment:

  1. Whee - you found Ms. K! And you're welcome. (Belatedly, but then, you've seen how I've been lately. [g] I'm catching up.) I feel like I've had a rite of passage or something - someone found her through me? I'm so proud. LOL.

    I just love her. While I read the original, but never got totally hooked, I was reminded the other day of a bit of Hitchhiker terminology. And Ms. K totally knows where her towel is. Especially when she's laughing at herself for losing it. ;)

    ReplyDelete