The Sunday Report
All right, so what I have gotten done today?
- I dropped off a bag of sheets at Savers, and shopped around a bit; found a shirt I like, though no jeans. I've been wearing the same pair of jeans a lot lately, since they fit the best of the ones I have, but, 1) they don't actually fit well (being too big, which is only better than being too small for comfort, not style), and 2) they are wearing thin. I don't want to be caught with only too-tight jeans to wear.
- Went into Marshall's to try again for jeans, and found some! This was very startling. I found a pair that would totally do, and another pair that fits very differently, but in a way I think I like. I got both, just to be on the safe side, and may end up returning one.
- Then I looked at sneakers there, since my old ones are so far past worn out that even the chiropractor noticed. To be fair, actual holes are noticeable.
- And I actually found sneakers! They're men's ones, but who cares. They fit, they're not gaudy, they weren't ridiculously expensive at $40, and they actually have support. How crazy. I've been wearing them since I got home, and I think that they will do. The old ones went into the trash.
- I also found another shirt I liked at Marshall's. Now that the weather is turning cooler, I am bypassing the stack of t-shirts, and a look in my closet the other day reminded me of how dire the need is to clear it out. I have a lot of things that I don't particularly love, or that don't fit right, or have an issue of some sort. Time to get rid of them and make room for things I actively like, that look good, etcetera.
- When I got home, I went to clean the inside of the windshield ahead of next week's trip, and noticed a tiny chip on the passenger side. I don't know when it got there, and it doesn't look like it's spreading or anything, but with two trips upcoming, I don't really want to mess with the chance. I looked up my insurance, and it turned out that putting in a glass claim was easy as anything, all online, and they come to you, you don't even have to take it in somewhere. I picked Wednesday afternoon, and if it all goes as smoothly as setting it up did, I will be very pleased indeed. (Though very slightly miffed to have cleaned the inside for nothing. Except that I'd rather know about and fix the chip before travelling, so, okay then.)
- I balanced my checkbook, paid some bills, and requested a credit report (much delayed, but I'm trying to "get around to" doing the three agencies at spaced intervals, instead of all three once a year). Happily, all of that looks fine.
- Tried to print something out, but today the printer and computer aren't feeling the love. The other day they did, and I was scrambling for things to print! So hopefully they will feel like doing it another day. The whole day can't be full of win, I guess.
- I also took pictures of the shawl I started last weekend, when I needed some comfort knitting. The pattern is called Winter Sea Shawl, and it is a subtle pattern of knits and purls that just suits what I wanted.