Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Heading Toward Cooler and Darker

The weather is becoming more autumnal, understandably for the time of year. Summer isn't completely gone--today it was forecast to hit 87, and it feels like it came close--but then tomorrow's high is 69, so there we are. And there's nothing like regularly taking a class in a west-facing space to force you to realize that the days are getting shorter.

On Monday I was feeling pretty blue, for no particular reason, and I decided that perhaps the weather change is influencing me, so I dug out my therapy light and have started using it in the mornings. I can't say if it's helping or not, but I like to think it might be.

Meanwhile, I remind myself that there are things to look forward to. A friend shared this on my Facebook:
And I noted that I actually like both, but differently.
Fall is beautiful, but then it leads to winter and darkness and makes me sad. Hockey, on the other hand, goes for months and months, and only leads to summer!
To be honest, sometimes the Bruins make me sad, too ... but there's always the hope that this year won't be that way. Expectation, no; hope, yes.

I've also got Apple Festival and Rhinebeck to look forward to. I had thought this wouldn't be a Rhinebeck year, but a couple of my knitting friends proposed doing a day trip, and we decided to do it. So we'll be getting up at the crack of dawn that Saturday, and probably getting home very late and incredibly tired, but it will be worth it.

And I'll have Sunday to recover. Which reminds me to put ***MAKE NO PLANS*** on the calendar for that Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment