Things are still up and down, but maybe slightly more up than they have been this week. Randomly:
- I noticed yesterday that I had, uncharacteristically, left an actual real piece of mail opened since Monday; I'm usually good about not letting important-looking mail fall into the kitchen table abyss, but, hey, bad week. I opened it to discover my mortgage escrow statement, telling me that my monthly payment is going down a little, and containing a check for the escrow overage. Hey, nice!
- I took the car in for service, and they did some preventive stuff and didn't find anything else that needed fixing.
- I ran a bunch of other errands, including refilling two prescriptions.
- On the other hand, as I realized after I got home, I had needed to refill three. Oops.
- On the other other hand, I looked again at one of the ones I did get, and it cost more than double what it did last time, so when I go back for #3, I can ask them why.
- Just running the errands left me incredibly tired.
- So I sat down and read a book. It was ... okay. Good enough to finish, not good enough to rave about.
- And now I'm knitting and watching hockey. Marchand scored one! It's funny, given the state of the Bruins in recent years, how "the best line at the tournament" is two-thirds Bruins. I have my fingers and toes crossed that nothing bad happens to Bergeron or Marchand (a few players here and there have been injured, which would suuuuuuuucccckk), but they're both looking really good. Knock on wood! Salt over left shoulder!
- Back to the shawl! I'll try to get good pictures of it tomorrow; it needs daylight.