Sunday, January 24, 2016

Technology Is Not Being My Friend

Various devices and machines are being varyingly annoying tonight, and I think that enumerating the ways would just irritate me afresh, so let's not.

If, however, you have any advice on a larger tablet to replace my old iPad, I would be glad to hear it. I know that now I have the laptop, I could bring it to the couch in the morning to read the Globe on, but that's kind of awkward, and the little tablet, though wonderful in many ways, kind of drives me nuts to read the Globe on; the difference between a screen of about 6 inches by 3.5 and one that's almost 8 by almost 6 is considerable. Wifi-only would be fine, this isn't something I intend to carry around, but just to use at home. Cheap but reliable, that's what I want.

Not all news here is bad, mind you. I finished a sock (first of a pair) and watched a good movie, A Little Chaos, which I got from the library as it's one of Alan Rickman's last movies, and I don't even remember hearing about it. His role, though wonderfully done (ah, that voice), is supporting, but he also directed and was one of the writers, so he gets a lot of credit. And Kate Winslet was wonderful, and I never heard of Matthias Schoenaerts but he did a great job.

Anyway. Another weekend gone. We got maybe 4 inches of snow here, not complaining about that. How are you?

2 comments:

  1. We got ~2ft here. Our street is still not plowed so we're going nowhere anytime soon. I don't even know if metro is running. Earlier they said limited service; only below ground stations were being served. We never lost power and I don't have to go into work so I consider that a big win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 miles west of Boston and we got NUTTIN'! Even though I only have to clear off the car and not shovel, I'm still smiling.

    Have you looked at Newegg.com or a refurbished tablet at BestBuy.com or on ebay? While not a tablet, I got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy 5S phone recently for $204 - unlocked for any carrier.

    ReplyDelete