Thursday, May 14, 2015

No Hockey Tonight

I didn't watch all of last night's game, as I didn't care enough about who won the series to lose sleep over it. I'm mildly pleased (about 55-45) that the Rangers won, since the Capitals knocked the Bruins out of the playoffs in recent memory (painfully, in overtime), and since my uncle is a Rangers fan. So that's good.

The night before, I did stay up to watch Tampa, most satisfyingly, knock the Canadiens out. Buh-bye, bleu-blanc-rouge! I barely felt a pang as the camera showed the hanging heads on Montreal's bench. They are out. Good. It was the one thing I most wanted from the playoffs.

With these games, the second round is over, and we're down to two matches: Tampa-NYR, and Anaheim-Chicago. Two original six teams, two not. All have won the Cup before, so no chance of a first-timer. The next series starts Saturday, which gives me a few hockey-less nights, to get used to the concept of filling my time without a game in the background; the playoffs are a gradual weaning process for me. There should be a lot of news from the Bruins this summer, with the whole issue of having fired the GM, and ch-ch-ch-changes, and the usual development camp (I assume), but I must get used to hockeylessness.

In the meantime, though, this weekend is the National Women's Hockey League training camp for the Boston team, and it's being held at the Bruins practice facility in Wilmington, so I thought I might go up there and see what's what. I have something else to do Saturday morning, that's kinda-sorta out that way, so perhaps I can get organized and there before 11. If not, maybe Sunday morning. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. One of the reason I don't watch sports much. I can't stand the sight of those macho men and their sad, hanging heads, no matter which team.

    ReplyDelete