Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Title? Let's Call It the Tuesday Night Report

I sometimes feel as though I shouldn't be complaining all the time about being tired because there's no particular reason for me to be so tired, it's not like I'm working 20-hour days or caring for a newborn* or something, and yeah tired so what.

*After I typed that in my draft e-mail, where I jot down ideas for what to write later, I noticed that the Google-ads were listening:

Funny, in a creepy stalker way.

But ohhh, I am so tired. Thinking I shouldn't be doesn't change anything. I turned off the light last night at nine oh five, slept like a rock, and dragged myself out of bed after several exchanges with the snooze button this morning. I basically never get as much sleep as my body wants anyway, and throw in this bout of allergies or whatever has me congested to high heaven* and bang. Doomed.

*Which reminds me, is it time for more meds yet?

On to more cheerful topics. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Not only did I get them here, and on Facebook, but I got e-mails from my optical shop, my university alumni association, JetBlue, and the company that has my IRA (though theirs was less of a happy-birthday message, and more of a "time for the annual review of your beneficiary designations" message, which is a little less whimsical). I got e-mail messages from friends and family near and far, as well as some actual mail. Including this:


Isn't that cute? And the cake we had this weekend:


The cake-decorating supplies gave my aunt some trouble, and the green candles she'd put aside hid until well after dinner, but overall I think it turned out well, don't you?

Happy birthday to me ... make a wish!

Overall I'm enjoying the birthday season very much. And though the leaves weren't spectacular this weekend, the foliage was more advanced there than it is here. See?

Pretty.

There's more to show you ... another time.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bruins game tomorrow night. I saw some of last Thursday's home opener, but I was packing and getting ready for my trip, so I spent more time half-listening as I moved around from room to room. Saturday night I was out of town. I did listen to part of yesterday's matinee* on the radio, but I was working on a project with audio during the afternoon, so I couldn't listen all the time. I just want to watch a game, you know?

*The Bruins subscribe to the idea that Columbus Day is a holiday. My company does not. Though to be fair to them, if they did, I would have been driving back from New York during the game, so in that sense it's much the same.

I did, by the way, really enjoy watching the coverage of the raising of the Cup banner last week. It was, perhaps, a little over the top, but it's my team and I loved it anyway. However, I was perplexed to read that before tomorrow's game, Versus is showing a half-hour show those events. Coverage of the celebrations of the achievement ... very circular.

Yeah, that makes sense. Time to go to bed!

1 comment:

  1. That's the thing about being tired. Even when you can't figure *why* you're tired you're still tired. I've been kind of exhausted for a while now; never seem to get enough sleep or rest or whatever. It wears a body out!

    I hope you can get some time to just rest and maybe get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete