Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Hockey Shows, Weather, Cats

Scattered around the floor, there are always plenty of the pull-tabs from milk bottles. Pan loved them, and now Miri does, so it's years since I haven't been stepping on the things. Carlos doesn't usually pay any attention to them, but tonight he played with one enthusiastically for about 30 seconds, bending and twisting and pouncing, then walked away without looking back. Silly cat!

I did manage to get to CVS tonight to pick up my prescriptions (I craftily drove into town another way, so that I didn't have to pass the house, since that was what tripped me up last night). I even got a parking spot near the door! Unfortunately, they did not have the new SI in all its Tim-Thomas-cover glory, so I have to get that another time. I wonder if Petsmart carries SI? I do want to pick up more cat food before I go away.

Speaking of going away, I checked the weekend forecast for my destination and was pleasantly surprised:


We all know that the actual weather could be very different, but at least this gives me pleasant thoughts about it ahead of time. Don't worry, I'll still bring my boots. And coat.

I enjoyed watching the Bruins special on NESN tonight about some of the places they took the Cup this summer. My hockey viewing actually started at 7, with Andy Brickley's season preview (fun!). It's a half hour show, and for some reason they played it at 7 and then again at 7:30, so I switched the channel to something else until 8 (no, I couldn't get up: cat lap). When the Cup show ended at 9, it started again from the beginning. Isn't that rather odd programming? No matter how I enjoyed the shows, I wasn't going to watch them again immediately. And if I'm not enough of a Bruins fanatic to do so, few are. Weird.

Tomorrow night is the season opener, and between that and packing, I will either blog briefly or not at all. In any case, I'll be back here next week, before Rhinebeck! My, October is busy. At least, my October is!

No comments:

Post a Comment