Tuesday, January 05, 2010

This (hockey) and That (weigh-in)

Hockey Note
The Bruins' newest player started tonight, accelerated into the lineup with Bergeron now out with a broken thumb (ouch) (2-6 weeks!). If I were coaching, I don't think I could resist putting Miroslav Satan on a line with Marc Savard and Marco Sturm. Ms line, anyone?

*****
Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
Today was the weigh-in for the contest at work. I'm starting off at 238.8*, which is around where I thought I was, and not where I want to be.

*I heard someone yesterday saying that she should play along, but it meant someone would know her weight! And she didn't like that. I mean, really? It's not like it's going to be sent out to the company. One person will know your starting weight, and then your finishing weight. That's enough to stop you? (I think she decided to do it in the end.)

I've had a few thoughts on my strategies, to use the fancy word. For instance, the first three things to do when I feel a hunger pang between meals:
  • drink water
  • wait; being hungry for a little while won't kill me
  • eat a small, healthy snack
On the other hand, I'm not cutting all treats completely, because that would never work, especially in period week, just saying. I want to choose healthier more often, though.

2 comments:

  1. About 'That'... congrats! Knowing the number is a good thing. Just remember it is only a number, it isn't 'you.'

    That said, I admit to missing 2 days of walking in a row. I could blame long work days, but I have a treadmill at home (that isn't even buried in piles of 'stuff') so that is feeble at best. I did do some stretches.

    Every little bit counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started bringing fruit to work with me, and eating a piece around 4:30. That way I'm not starving when I get home. I hate eating it (not a big fruit fan), but I think it will help in the long run.

    ReplyDelete