Friday, January 15, 2010

A little Friday: Sleep and Music edition

I got an insane amount of sleep last night. In-SANE. And I cannot tell you how big a letdown it was not to wake up easily, cheerily, with lots of energy, or at least more than usual.

I got home earlier than expected from the mammogram (ouch), had dinner, watched half an hour of a movie and was practically dozing off on the couch. At 7:30! I'm usually good for more than that. But I also felt sort of pre-headache-y, and I thought, why not give in, and go to bed early? And be all good the next day?

I turned the light off at 8:01. Seriously! And this morning I still hit the snooze for half an hour before dragging myself out of bed. Discouraging is the word for it.

***************************
One of my Christmas gifts was the Shrek soundtrack, something I wanted since I liked so much of the music in that movie. I've been enjoying it, especially "Stay Home" by a group called Self. It's a perky song about introversion: excellent! (I can't find a real video for it, but you can hear it here.)

What I didn't know until now is that I'd liked a song by the same group years ago. When I worked for Barnes & Noble, lo those many moons ago, I used to sometimes get last month's CMJ New Music Monthly if there were some left over. This was a magazine that came with a CD, and although often the music didn't really appeal to me, there were a couple of CDs that were just full of songs I liked. My friend Google tells me that "So Low", which I still have on the September 1995 CMJ CD, was by Self. Small world!



So there you have it: one small musical coincidence for you. Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment