Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm picking him up Thursday night

Today was a long day. Usually busy days move pretty quickly, but with the snow (All Day Long) and the sore spots (arms from clearing yesterday's snow, legs from the bike last night), it felt long. But tonight, I got to meet Carlos!

You remember Carlos, right?


He's tremendously relaxed, which seems like just what we want, Miri and I. He let me pat him, and purred quietly. He played with his toy. He turned his back on me and ate, not a foot away from me, just as though he wasn't worried that I might grab him! I've been around Miri too long, but that seemed wonderful.

The first day they had him, he let his foster mother trim his claws. And give him a bath. A bath! "Well, he didn't like it," she said, almost apologetically. "But he just kind of sat there and took it."

It all seems meant to be. I'm picking him up Thursday night (they were busy Friday night and Saturday, and I want the weekend to settle him in, though he doesn't seem like he'll need much settling). Exciting times!

I kissed the top of his head before I left. He seemed a little surprised, but that was all.

5 comments:

  1. Carlos looks and sounds terrific! Enjoy!

    p.s. I understand the purpose of using the word verification tool, but don't you think they could either be actual words OR describe them as letter strings, or nonsense words? I occasionally try looking them up, you see...and they don't exist. Yeah. I'm weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new addition. can't wait to meet carlitos.

    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos! Awww! (Hey, didja notice he has SOCKS, too? Coincidence???)

    P.S. I love kissing the top of my cat's head. It's just the right kind of flat surface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll know you're gonzo for him when you suck his ears (ask me how I know...)

    Carlos looks and sounds like a lovely boy. Best of luck to you, Miri and him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yay! cats! so happy for you with your new addition and he's so *handsome* too!

    ReplyDelete