Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday: snow and sock and all

We had a storm overnight into today, snow and sleet and a general mess. (Why do I live here again?) I didn't leave for work at the usual time, choosing to wait until some plowing was done to the side streets where I live. Even then, I wasn't sure I'd make it out of the driveway, since the condo's plow guy hadn't been by yet, but after 20 minutes of clearing snow like wet concrete off the car, I wasn't ready to give up, and with some spinning and slipping, the car managed to get to the street.

The Bruins always have a matinee game on Martin Luther King Day, and since that's one of the variable holidays work-wise, I often don't have the day off to watch from home. I listened to today's game on the radio (what a disaster), and was much struck by the radio guy's description of an Ottawa player after scoring: "he's smiling like a butcher's dog"? Haven't heard that before.

I got to stitch and bitch tonight for the first time in a while. Still working on the sock I started in July! I've done more since this was taken, but the photos are still on the camera.


I may be going to see the prospective new cat tomorrow after work. I'll let you know how it goes!

You'll love me!

1 comment:

  1. You covered three out of the four - knit, x, cats and hockey -- not bad :) Both sock and cat are lovely - can't wait for further developments.

    ReplyDelete