Friday, January 22, 2010

Cat Theatre

In this year's production of Let's Get A New Cat, the role of the Established Cat of the house is played by Miri, who you may remember from last year's production, when she played the New Cat.


While her take on New Cat could be described as, "I love you! Let me love you! Wait, come back!", for her new role, she is following the example of the previous Established Cat, Harold:


who took an attitude of, "Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my house? Hiss, growl."

This year's New Cat is played by Carlos, who has a different interpretation of the role. His desire to sniff everything in the place does not currently include Miri. He doesn't seem to be scared of her, but he's not trying to make friends either. His attitude is perhaps best described as, "If I leave you alone, will you stop making that noise?" His current favorite hang-out is the tub.

I am reminding myself that it worked out last time and it will work out this time, and it's very early yet.


Harold denied me the fairy-tale love-at-first-sight meeting last time, and Miri's denying it to me this time, and that's okay. No one's bleeding, and I can curb Miri's early temptation to go on the offensive by taking advantage of her reluctance to be too close to me when I'm standing or moving. (One step or reach toward her and she backs down.) I don't want her chasing or bullying New Guy, who had to deal with that from the other cats his foster mom had. One scratch on his nose is enough, poor guy.


You can kind of see the scratch here, as well as demon eyes, and hey! High 5! High 6! 7?

3 comments:

  1. Super cute. They'll be friends in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh, so cute. (And awwww, Harold.) Bathtubs are very popular cat hangouts. Mine likes to chase her tail in there.

    Miri is just reminding everyone that she is top cat--she rules! (Good luck, Carlos.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab-u-lous! Carlos is a handsome guy - lucky you! My Daisy Mae likes to 'sing' in the bathtub - good reverberations and amplification!

    ReplyDelete