Thursday, May 16, 2024

Silly Shoes

I've been thinking about what shoes to wear when I'm traveling in, oh, gosh, nine days from now, specifically because my foot is still sore---it's definitely better, but it's still not fond of shoes, which is going to be awkward for the travel days at least. I was thinking about my black sneakers, and how if I loosen them, that will probably work...but I shouldn't count on one pair for the week, in case they rub on the foot in a spot that gets crabby about it.

Frail human bodies, you know?

I decided to check the local Bealls Outlet, and see what random solutions might be found there. And I found something that I think looks pretty silly, but seems to be decently comfortable.

Yes, furry-lined slip-on sneaker-shoes. The bit around the ankle even goes up if you want it to.

I think they look silly, but acceptably silly, and for $15 I'm going to give them a try. I may need to replace the elastic lacing so I can make it looser on the bad foot, but I'll wrap up in the ace bandage and experiment first. It has potential. 

9 comments:

  1. Those pictures opened up and I immediately wanted to slip my own feet right in--those look super comfortable. So, has Maggie tried to sneak into them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look comfy! Do they also give you support if you are doing a lot of walking? I discovered in Texas that my slides that were so comfortable just meandering around my yard or down to the mailbox were NOT the best for extended walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how much support they have; I can see how that would be a problem! I have to test-walk in them.

      Delete
  3. They look super comfy. So soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so, so soft. And hopefully not too much pressure on the top of my foot.

      Delete
  4. Have you seen what people are wearing in public these days? Wear what you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pair of winter boots that are sort of the winter version of these, and they are heavenly to slip on if I'm going out at night after working on my feet most of the day. Also, I spend so much time in Croc flip flops lately that I am never ever going to judge someone else's footwear even if it does look silly, which I don't think these do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are different from my usual footwear here! I guess that's what I meant by silly.

      Delete