Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Maybe Next Knitting

On Monday, a friend asked me if I knew what would be my next knitting project, as I'm close to finishing my current one, and I said that I didn't know for sure yet. (I have plenty of WIPs [works in progress] that I could pick up in the interim). But then when I was putting photos into my post yesterday about yarn, I saw the picture I took of a shawl at the yarn store on Saturday, and my mind started thinking about what yarn I could use in it, hmm...

The pattern is called Beachy Keen, and you can see better overall pictures on the Ravelry page for it, but I took a closer picture of the stitch pattern that interested me. Fun!

The color combo possibilities are endless, but it may not surprise you to learn that I'm leaning toward rainbow.

The rainbow is a Pride set, Shades of the Rainbow, that I got a few years ago from Neighborhood Fiber Co, and the natural is Anzula Squishy---I actually got a skein of white of the same yarn as the rainbow pack, but this pattern would need two*, so I looked to see what else I had on hand, and this was in the massive windfall of 2023.
*Actually, the pattern suggests using 2 background colors, but I think I want to do it all the same background.

The big question, of course, is do I want to do the rainbow stripes once, or repeating? I'm leaning toward repeating, but who knows.

As for the current project, I'm doing the edging on the Illumine shawl, which is 4 rows but can be repeated as much as you want; I've done three repeats and then I weighed the yarn and have enough for another four rows, anyway, before binding off. I'm excited to finish it, but also want to use as much yarn as I can. Without playing yarn chicken on the bind-off!

Even before blocking, I'm loving how it looks, but the blocking will make a huge difference as well. Can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I love rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that finished shawl is spectacular!

    As for the new one you're plotting, that one will be a show-stopper as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just like I'm currently on a good roll with reading, I seem to be on one with knitting. Knock on wood!!

      Delete