Monday, March 04, 2024

Blogging Labels, and Photos of This and That

So, per the post about blogging and thanks to advice from Kyria, ye olde blogge now has the top 10 labels I have used in the sidebar, looking like this:

I had to fiddle this a bit, as it wouldn't just put my top-ten most-used labels up, it was either all, or select which. So I went with all, sorted by most used, and then noted which the top ten were. Selected them, and chose to show the numbers as well, and there we go.

I know I haven't always used labels, so it isn't 100% accurate, but based on when I did use them, well, guess I picked the right blog name, didn't I?

Meanwhile, it's been a while since I put up regular photos--not Key West, I mean. We're due!

There's the seen-about-town category:

Ibis!
Sunrise, reflected.
View from lunch:
A different view on a different day: dolphin!
Oh, my heart, a 1969 Caddy, just like the one I had in the 80s, except mine was red. I loved that car.
When I say pristine, well, wow.
Just gorgeous.
Interesting plate.
Waiting in the car for an appointment, and the pattern pocket clipped onto the steering wheel like it was made for it.
Who's driving that car?

Quotes of note. For the knitters:

So very true!
Microsoft is the devil.
I mean, true.
This book is very interesting, and also...
...I like the lighter touch to it!
No one has really good nicknames any more.

Maggie says she would like a whole post to herself, so I will end with yarn, yarn, yarn, and show Herself tomorrow.







13 comments:

  1. Cats are Number One! My Mari approves of that. :)The third and fifth yarn photos are my favorite. I love royal blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty yarn!
    (And I see it's your turn to get Rehana Bombed. Lucky you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was weird, what's up with that? Well, I wield the power of deleting comments rarely, but sometimes it seems called for.

      Delete
  3. This was SUCH A FUN POST TO READ.
    The colours of your yarn just make me so happy!!

    That sweets blurb is hilarious, but the menopause one is what really got me. #Truth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knit cats hockey read seems really appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I wanted to use the topics I seemed most likely to cover, and I think I nailed it.

      Delete
  5. And Tatey Bug is how Gordon Lightfoot ended up singing, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

    Love love love all these. And you had a '69 Caddy, too? My folks bought a used embassy limousine in '71 or '72; Dad was an art dealer and wanted to look like a successful one, there was no market for not-brand-new limos at the time, it was cheaper than a brand new station wagon, fit all six kids and could haul a camping trailer like a champ: sold! All the stories that car gave us over the years! The folks finally sold it many years and several cross-country trips later for what they'd paid for it. I remember as a young mom jump-starting my little Toyota from it and the Toyota jumped and trembled at the jolt and (because we knew we had done it right) it was the funniest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, Bridget Christie's quote about menopause is funny. And sad, BECAUSE IT'S TRUE. And yes- I think you did pick a good name for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that menopause quote is SO GOOD. The truth hurts sometimes.

    I remember my grandma driving one of those cars - when she would drop me off in it when I was in middle school, I was always SO EMBARRASSED. Ahh... tweenhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything adults did when we were that age was embarrassing!

      Delete