Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Flashback: Preservation Park

So, a month after the California trip, I still haven't gotten to all of it here. And I have just enough of a headache tonight to make coherent writing difficult.

Sigh.

Well, one of the things we did was very photogenic, but I don't remember enough details to write about it at length anyway, so here we go, perfect. Welcome to Preservation Park.
We took what was (apparently) one of multiple walking tours offered in Oakland, and this of an area, or era, dear to my heart: Victorian houses, more or less right in the middle of downtown. I grew up in a Queen Anne Victorian, and I imprinted on it like a baby duck, so this was right up my alley. The tour guide did a great job, and I highly recommend the tour if you're in the area and it interests you.

And I took a lot of photos. Mostly the houses, a bit of the landscaping. Enjoy!








































No comments:

Post a Comment