Wednesday, October 25, 2017

And the 2017 Rhinebeck Haul

Down to the nitty-gritty: What did I buy at Rhinebeck this year? (The full going-to-Rhinebeck story is here.)

Three yarns:
One picture:
And one book:

Yarn first. I haven't bought anything from Bijou Basin since 2009, which was my first time at Rhinebeck, when there was a half-off coupon in the Ravelry goody bag. But I noticed this one, Himalayan Summit, on my way past, and for their stuff, it was surprisingly affordable, $25 for a skein that's half yak, half merino. It feels very nice, and has a sort of glow. It's a good fall color.



I did not buy this shirt from them, but it does amuse me.
My first-ever purchase from Miss Babs:

I had to look up the meaning of the repeatable on the sticker, and it turns out my guess was right: some colorways they can consistently make again, and others they can't.
It's got 20% cashmere, not just 10%, and I wonder if the touch of nylon will help it hold up better? I like to make my socks with yarn that has some cashmere in it because I love how it feels, but it doesn't hold up as well as wool.
And the Socks That Rock. The classic, lightweight.





The story of buying the book is in the full recap, and I haven't started reading this yet, but I can't wait to. I love what she wrote in it.
I have a picture that I bought from Sheep Incognito in 2014; I'm sure that's when it was, because I put it up at the job I was working at, that fall (and that job was the one that laid us all off after a year, so there was only one October there). I can't find that I blogged it, though, perhaps because it doesn't have sheep, or any of the puns she does so well (seriously, go look at Ewe Tube), but is a simple, pretty landscape.

This time, though, I wanted a sheep, or at least a knitting reference.
Other than the perfectly ordinary row counter I bought, and the various edibles, that's it! And quite satisfying I find it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but those edibles were good! I've never seen a fairgrounds with such great food as Rhinebeck.

    ReplyDelete