Sunday, October 29, 2017

It's Been a Long Time

I haven't moved in almost 11 years.

I haven't done an interstate move in almost 15 years.

And I was never at all good at moving, at the getting ready and being ready part.

Also, I'm a planner, someone who wants to know what to expect, to prepare (even if only mentally) for what's coming. Which isn't always easy, or even possible, with a big move.

So I think it's understandable that I'm nervous about getting ready for this move. I'm not good at being spontaneous (stop laughing), and I'm not good with change (seriously, stop laughing). As my brother said, the fact that I want to go ahead with this move despite that means it really is the right thing to do.

But it is a daunting amount of work, from here. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...


No comments:

Post a Comment