Monday, October 09, 2017

Home Again

I'm home again,, much to the relief of Carlos, who feels I was gone forever and have much to make up to him for. Apple Festival and the weekend overall were grand, pictures to come, I had a good time, all that, but I also have to say this: I had a moment today when I realized that I'll be home this coming weekend, due to the lovely cushion weekend between Apple Festival and Rhinebeck this year, and I felt a great wash of relief flow over me. Knowing that I don't have to unpack everything and repack it for this weekend is great.

Particularly since I learned today that the head bigwig (and others, unspecified) will be in the office again this week, and everyone is supposed to come in "so they can see your cheery faces." And, look, I'll go in, but I can't guarantee my face will be cheery, okay? This requirement that we go in just so they can see us there, not for a meeting or any informational thing but just to form a background/wallpaper of busy-office-full-of-people-doing-the-work-you-pay-them-for, drives me crazy.

Also, the Bruins lost this afternoon, and the game was not fun to watch (it is possible to play a game that is fun to watch, and still lose, but this was not one of those). Also, Bergeron didn't play, and while I do want them to manage his injury intelligently, I also want to see him back, so. Mixed feelings.

However! My feelings about my new Bruins shirt are not mixed. I love it. (Thanks, Mom.)
Obscure shirt for the win! As much as, or more, than, the Keep Calm and Bergeron shirt does, this one will appeal most to those who know what it means--my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment