Wednesday, October 11, 2017

2017 Apple Festival Weekend

I only took one vacation day for Apple Festival weekend this year (and I haven't worked a job that gives Columbus Day as a holiday in many years), so it was a relatively quick trip. I drove up on Friday, and happily it was a much less eventful drive than my trip a year ago. (That popped up in my Facebook memories this week, ugh. Facebook needs a way you can mark the ones you don't want to be reminded of.) Then Sunday morning, I left again for home. Piggybacking on a reunion dinner my aunt had, the Festival, visiting Grandma, dinner, and off again.

Saturday morning, we went up to the Festival. It was warm, or at least not cold, but overcast and drizzled, which probably helped keep the crowds down to "busy but not obnoxious" levels. It meant I didn't pull out my camera a lot, though.

Couldn't resist the horses.
I loved the fabric on this apron (frogs doing yoga!), but don't need another apron.
My clever aunt, though, thought to ask if she had the fabric on anything else, which is how I came to have frog-yoga potholders.



I love them.

I also thought this was funny, though not enough to buy.
I did get this magnet of a shy cow. The woman said she was driving by and stopped when she noticed that the herd of cows coming in all had names, worn on things around their necks, and she didn't even notice right away that she had caught this shot. I think she said this was Elsa, maybe? I'll just call her Shy Cow.
Then at another booth, I had to get this friend for Shy Cow. This is Asa, who was at their local zoo, they said.
They are both now on my fridge; I had a bit of an overdue rearrange of that surface.

I'm not sure what I'll be using this little wooden bowl for, but I really liked it.
It's partly from a burl in the wood, and partly from the regular, non-burl cherry. He said that he only made it last week, and that it will darken over time. So that should be fun to see!

Oh, and some yarn, of course! Gift of my aunt. Bright and soft.
Not pictured: a small pot of cuticle cream, and a candle, scented Sweet Pea, which is mild and lovely, even not being burned.

Other things seen over the weekend include this tea bag, whose instructions amused me. "While humming..."
A gorgeous sunset driving home that night (note that I was not the driver).



And a couple of old bottles, found under the crawl space while insulation was being added. One Coca-Cola:
One anonymous. Both cool.
And what I picked up on the way home. I am going to spend part of my cushion weekend making applesauce!
And possibly a pot of chili. Yum, yum.

2 comments:

  1. But what happens if you don't hum while making the tea??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or lose your balance? Do you have to throw it out and start over? So many questions!

    ReplyDelete