Wednesday, June 21, 2017

All I Can Give You

On my second day in Florida, I had a bit of a sore throat, which lasted about two days but was followed by the kind of congestion hanging around the back of the throat that makes you cough, and sometimes makes you cough, and cough, and cough. It's possible it's a bug I picked up on the plane, or it might be allergies, who knows, but it hasn't really gone away--I had a cough drop in my mouth most of last night, in order to sleep--and today, whether from this bug/allergy/whatever, or from side effects of the various things I have been taking for it (none of which has helped, damn it), I am seriously dragging. Stop the sinus pressure already, please.

But I can give you something: go watch this video of street life in New York City in 1911. It's amazingly clear and sharp, and I want to watch it with an expert telling me all about everything. And the reactions of the people to the cameras! Some puzzled, suspicious, amused...

If you want a taste of it, look at the screen shots on the Boing Boing post about it. That bored girl in the chauffeured car slays me.

Or hey, here, have this. Just because it amuses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment