Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Knitting Lately

I feel like I haven't talked about my knitting much recently, other than that I had to fix the divot in the Farfalla, and accept that it isn't stitch and bitch knitting for me right now. Of course, I haven't been doing a ton of other knitting lately, but due to not taking Fafalla out, I did finish the latest socks this week. My usual pattern, and the yarn is Linda's Car Socks from Pinestar Studio (though I just found that I had put in Ravelry that it was Ellen's Half Pint Farm, and that's not right, whoops! Glad I caught that). This yarn, the yarn I actually used, is Blue Faced Leicester, and feels very nice. I would call the color Mildly Colorful.

Formal feet:
Relaxed feet:
And, of course, next socks cast on at once.
Same pattern. Early days.
This yarn is Maple Creek Farm Alexandria, which I got at Rhinebeck in 2014. When I went stash-diving for which sock yarn to use next, it leaned out and asked if winter was far enough gone by that I could appreciate one of the less-bright skeins, and I decided that I could. It has a nice squish to it, and a slight, pleasant, wood-and-cedar-chip scent.

Stash is a funny thing. Every once in a while I will see, or think of, a particular skein, and feel that its turn must surely be here, but I don't know what to make with it. Recently, the skein of Briar Rose Fibers Wistful that I got at Rhinebeck in 2013 came up this way, not for the first time, and I spent a little while pondering it.

Having been so into making shawls recently, I am starting to feel that urge wane, since at this point, I have quite a few (and one on the needles, I know, but bear with me). I tried to think what else I could use it for, and got an idea when I saw this set of scarf, hat, and mitts that seemed a good concept. That is to say, I didn't fall in love with these particular pieces, but I like the idea of making such a set with this yarn. I haven't gotten any farther than that, and it may not happen, or at least not soon, but this post is about knitting, and these are knitting thoughts I've been having.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home