Sunday, April 02, 2017

First Before and After

I can now show that I have made progress in one corner of my bedroom! Here are the "before" photos of that area.
Piles and stacks.
The laundry baskets really did just have dirty clothes in them, but there were plenty of holding piles all over.
Just, ugh.
I can say, in the spirit of full disclosure, that I have not yet taken care of everything seen here; I have a pile of clothing on the couch that I am sorting through, trying on, and have yet to decide on, as well as having removed some things that didn't belong there but have to be found places for. But no more chaos is going into this corner! And two more bags of clothing have been donated, too.

Now, after. Lots of clutter removed! The tiny drawer thing on top has stockings, clutch purses, slips. The cardboard box has shawls in it, a test of giving them a place of their own (they were previously here, there, and everywhere).
Don't miss the little guy to the right.
Pecky, from my childhood trip to Sea World. He was buried up there, along with childhood's Winnie the Pooh, and Clive the purple dinosaur (from college, actually). I'm ready to let those two go, but not this guy.

There is one shoe atop that shoe-holder stack because it was in one of the boxes on its own. I have yet to do the search for its mate. The blue Rubbermaid tote holds sweaters that I'm not sure about; they may go, but today was not their day. Again, actual laundry in the baskets.
The tote bag in the foreground to the right holds clothing that really does belong in that area. I have another small set of drawers that will be cleaned out and go into that area, I think.
Look, floor!
And the lower drawers, which were stuffed with sweaters, now have room for more tops. Just because I work from home now doesn't mean I'm getting rid of all my dressier clothing. Some of the hanging clothes in the closet will be moved here, too.
Finally, I didn't really get a good "before" picture that showed the rocking chair, but believe me, it was stacked with Stuff. So much better now!
I'll say it again: baby steps get you there eventually.

3 comments: