Friday, October 16, 2015

Finally Friday Night

I am so, so, so glad it's the weekend. Even though nothing much awful happened this week, the week after being away is always so much harder than normal.
This morning in my regular, automated, don't-have-to-think-about-it-getting-ready process, I managed to skip not one but two steps--one of which was bringing clean clothes to the bathroom for after I showered. Not a huge problem, but kind of emblematic of where my mind was, or wasn't. Oh weekend, how I love you, with your low-key, low-pressure, non-heavily-scheduled-ness.


Speaking of which, Rhinebeck is this weekend, and I am relieved to be able to say that I have no regrets about choosing not to go this year. My decision was based on how rushed it would make me feel, under the circumstances of my year, and clearly it was the right choice for me. Not to say I won't be wistful, reading about others who are there, but that's only natural. This year it was Just Too Much; next year is another story. Looking forward to next year already! (And in 2017, I think, there will be a weekend between Apple Festival and Rhinebeck, o frabjous day!) I do think it would be fun to rent a house with a group, one of these years, instead of going the hotel route, but that isn't something I want to organize, so it will depend if I luck into someone else's organization, I guess.

Anyway, Friday! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment