Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Report

Earlier today I went for a nice walk with one of my recent coworkers--it was a beautiful day, warm and with a breeze to take the edge off the humidity--and then we went for ice cream. Because why exercise without celebrating it properly? My feet are a little tender now, they're such wusses, but overall je ne regrette rien.

Then I was off to a friend's house to hang out with her kids while she went to a doctor's appointment; at 10 and 7, they could take care of themselves, so it really wasn't babysitting so much as being there in case of anything weird. (For that matter, she could have brought them and had them wait in the waiting room for her, but this way she didn't have to think about them; I was free, so why not?) She and I had a nice chat afterward, and agreed that we should get together regularly while we can. Looking on the bright side of unemployment!

I also heard from a recruiter today, through LinkedIn, and while it may come to absolutely nothing (it wasn't about a specific position, just generally), it still feels encouraging. I need encouraging. Don't we all, one way or another?

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my friend with the baby (to be honest, anyone who will let me hold their baby is a friend!), and get some mood enhancement that way. Then I have my haircut, and the macabre pleasure of telling the hairdresser about the layoff. I'm also going to go back to the layers; we were trying to grow them out, so still short hair but more all-one-length, but it's been getting on my nerves (and, in the car with the windows down, in my eyes, which Will Not Do), and just now, I need my hair to be quiet and not cause trouble.

I think that's all for today.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of a term that you might appreciate: funemployment. Being able to do the things you like while out of a job.

    ReplyDelete