Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dislike

Yesterday's storm wasn't that bad, though it was at glad-I-don't-have-to-go-anywhere levels. The snow switched to rain for a while in the afternoon, and I went out and cleared about four inches off the car before it got any wetter and heavier. There was some more snow later, but not enough to be more than annoying to get off the car today. The roads were slushy in spots, and icy and slushy on sidewalks, but nothing too bad, really.

Then there's the next storm.

No one wants to read a BLIZZARD WATCH notice from the national weather service in the first place, right? But here are some gems that I really, really didn't want to read (I will spare you the all caps and weird spacing ... the thing reads like a telegram from 100 years ago).
  • Snow accumulation of 18 to 24 inches
  • Travel may become impossible and life threatening across the entire region.
  • This has the potential to be a historic storm.
Lovely. So. Looks like no work Tuesday OR Wednesday, I'm thinking. I'm fine on food, for me and the furries, and I went out today to rectify the low-on-cat-litter situation, since that's one thing you don't want to worry about running out of, should you get snowbound, right? And as long as I was out, I got quarters to do laundry, and picked up my holds at the library. I should be all set. We have so little work to do right now, it shouldn't even be a big deal to miss a few days. Just, ow, my back hurts already at the thought of shoveling the car out. Again and again.
~*~*~*~*~
UPDATE: The blizzard watch is now a blizzard warning, and the amounts are 20 to 30 inches. And if you are a Weather Channel watcher in the US, you'll know why Mary Ellen said, "Shit just got real, people," when she posted on Facebook that Jim Cantore is on his way.

I am a little scared, now.

2 comments:

  1. Screw this shit, let's move to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, y'all look pretty screwed over from here in Philly (where I'm looking at about 8-12"). Are you ready to be snowed in?

    ReplyDelete