Tuesday, April 15, 2014

So, About Those Crossed Fingers

(Here's what I started to write, Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning)
I knew that I was going to be busy on Monday, what with the dentist, the phone interview, the chiropractor, stitch and bitch, and, you know, working, so on Sunday I set up a post to go up Monday night. Now, on Tuesday, I can update you on some of Monday!
  • The dentist says I need a crown on the tooth that lost a corner. Actually, what she said was, the left side wants to be like the right, it wants a crown too. Since it's not bothering me, it isn't an emergency, so I'm going in next Wednesday, after returning from Grandma's.
  • The phone interview went ... well? I think? Who the hell actually knows. She didn't say anything that turned me off, and hopefully vice versa. She said she will be in touch by the end of the week about "next steps", and wouldn't that be nice, if it were to happen? I'm not holding my breath, though of course I can't help thinking about it. But other than the immediate pre-call jitters, and post-call nerves, I'm doing fine about it.
(Insert sound of record scratching)
Aaaaannnd then, I got an e-mail from the recruiter this afternoon, asking about my availability to come in, for an interview, this week. That sound you just heard was my previous calm evaporating in a puff of eek. And then I had to be cool all afternoon, a la Willie Mays Hayes learning he didn't get cut from the Indians, until I could leave. Exhausting.

So I'm working a bit earlier than usual tomorrow, so I can be done earlier and there by 4. And I'm going off to prepare now, and try not to freak out (too much). If you could cross your fingers tomorrow, I would surely appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Woooo, interview! Fingers and toes are crossed for you, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers and toes crossed! All good thinking hopes sent your way.

    ReplyDelete