Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hmmmmmmm!

So, you ask, how did it go? The interview, the second in-person interview, the interview with the president? Let's see, how best to describe it?
No, not quite.
Mmm, better, but not quite.
Well, close enough! So here's how to dissipate most of those pesky pre-interview nerves: after we shook hands, she said that we wouldn't be working together that closely, but she wanted to meet me. As though it's already decided! I don't recall her wording accurately, but she said like the two women I met with previously were "blown away". We talked for less than half an hour, she sounds like both a nice person and a reasonable leader ... ahh. She said they have to do the background check and references, but I should be hearing back from the recruiter before the end of the week. Wouldn't that be fabulous?

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to do a lot of reflective humming as my mind bounces around (and then, I predict, crashes, and I'll be in bed by 8:30). Carlos is pleased that my plans leave a hand free for him. After all, what could be more important than petting the kitty?

5 comments:

  1. WOOT!

    Now the only thing better than hearing soon (like tomorrow or Thursday) would be being told that since you're so fabulous you may telecommute and here's your new laptop, give us your internet provider billing so we can pay it and by the by - you start with 30 days vacation plus the standard holidays and your starting salary is 200% of your current.

    If you're going to dream, dream big!!

    Seriously, Tux and I are still in vibe sending mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blown away?
    I am not surprised but am thrilled.
    So exciting.
    Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaaay! That sounds so very promising!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic. I can't remember, is this place closer to you? Wouldn't it be great if you could have a regular telecommute!? I know, I'm getting ahead of things. But great going! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete