Sunday, April 06, 2014

A Photo Post: Cat, Florida, Random

Carlos is starting to wear out my I-was-away-and-abandoned-him guilt feelings. I'm not going to be his beck-and-call girl 24-7, I hate to break it to him.

Good thing he's cute, eh? Here he was yesterday, getting ready for the Bruins game.
You can see how excited he was. Why, several times, he stirred!

What woke me?
 If you could keep it down...
 Must you be so loud?
 Then he turned around.
 And later, back.
 And tried to drown out my cheering.
 I swear, I tried to keep it down.
But he's a hard one to please. Though I know he's happy when I'm happy.

In other news, I am sorry to say that my arm is peeling. I didn't even get that much sun in Florida, and it's hardly hang-around-outside-showing-skin weather around here, so I won't be getting much more for a while. It was nice to visit it.

My perfect breakfast: coffeecake, raspberries, fresh-squeezed orange juice.
Your average ditch in Florida holds the neatest birds.

And some shots of the basic Florida sunset.
 
 
 
 
As for random, how about this movie review in the Globe recently?
Isn't that something? "Unremitting meditations on and images of incomprehensible human evil". Wow. That has my name all over it--in the sense of the last movie I would ever want to see.

Also random, and more entertaining, seen recently in a used bookstore:
 Doesn't he look overly serious, for the author of "The Miracle of Milk"?
In another bookstore, Barnes & Noble this time:
Would you call a model of a siege tower an activity for everyone? I'm unconvinced. Though I suppose a sign saying "Will Appeal to a Random Few" wouldn't be much of a sales piece. What sign would you put over this?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's a documentary about Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge. Cheerful!

    And I would label that table "Neat Toys for Other Peoples' Children!" Maybe with an arrow pointing to the apology card section.

    ReplyDelete