Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things I Don't Understand

  • Why the little heater I brought in to work has stopped working. It's more than a month since I brought it in, and it's been working fine. The first day, it popped the surge protector once, but I plugged it into its own surge protector (so nothing else would be affected) and dealt with that: once in a while, maybe once a week, it would pop off, I'd turn it back on, we were fine, it worked great. Last Friday, however, it started popping very, very often. By which I mean, it will go for one or two minutes and pop off again. Why? Have I killed it? How?
  • What I did to my right thumb. There is a sore spot at the base, I noticed this morning. At first I thought it was a bruise, then maybe a scrape or even a bite. A little red, tender, achy. The soreness I would write off as too much knitting (not a concept I believe in, theoretically, but my hands sometimes disagree). However, the red spot makes it seem like something more. Probably nothing big. But still: weird.
And what have I been knitting so much this week? The shawl for my grandmother that I started on Sunday. I've worked at least a couple of rows (long, looooong rows) every night  Photos to come, maybe this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That heater was pretty old though, we got it about 9 years ago and used off and on. It might have just reached the end of it's lifespan. I'm sorry!!

    ReplyDelete