Thursday, January 09, 2014

A Little Coherence, A Little Hockey, A Little Cat

I did manage to go in to work today, where I was told by more than one person that I "looked much better" than I had on Monday. I worked close to a full day, too. The good news is that I will be getting a laptop (anyone want to lay a guess as to how long it will take them, though?). The bad news is that I didn't have it today, when I really wanted to lie down for an hour midday before resuming work. Oh well.

I'm taking it easy tonight, and wishing that the Bruins game was in this time zone (it starts at 10:30, hahahaha). The Bruins have five players going to the Olympics (some teams have ten!), which should make for interesting times both during and after the Games. No Bruins are on the US team, so I guess I'll root for my country, but feel some consolation if Team Canada, Finland, Czech, Slovak, or Sweden medal.

Speaking of hockey, by the way, how about this guy in the stands at a hockey game catching a puck with one hand, while holding a sleeping baby with the other?


In random and unrelated news, I spent a little time on Petfinder recently, since I'm only getting more convinced that Carlos will need company, and guess who? Miri is listed there! Apparently she now loves getting brushed! Yeah, right, suuuuure she does. And if you believe that, have I got a bridge for you. It serves as a timely reminder to take the listings with a grain of salt, and try not to fall in love with anyone before I meet him or her. I'd love to adopt one of Robyn's fosters, but given the many miles to Alabama, that isn't really practical. Time to start casually looking, though.

And, to tie in the cats and Christmas threads, here is a lion who really likes his tree.

1 comment:

  1. I hope to goddess some do-gooder doesn't see that film because daddy will loose the baby and be brought up on charges of child endangerment. Imagine if the puck had hit the baby in the head.

    Yeah, I know, it's a different world. I never wore a helmet when riding a bike or roller skating on the side walk. I drank out of hoses and occasionally out of the creek in the woods behind our neighborhood. My mother actually had me vaccinated and fed me peanuts and raw milk. Life was better back then. Personally, I think dad is great catching a puck while holding the baby :)

    ReplyDelete