Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Perhaps Some Light (that is not a train)

I finally had that moment this morning, when I thought, "Wait, am I only normal-tired, not crazy-sick-flat-out-exhausted? Hmmm. I think so. How about that." Still not 100%, but I may be finally improving, you know, three weeks later. Wouldn't that be something? Mind you, last night when I was falling asleep and kept waking myself coughing, until I had to get up for more cough syrup, I wouldn't have said so, and this afternoon I did feel droopingly tired, but ... baby steps. I got groceries after work (in the rain, too: where is my award?) and am not completely flattened.

Not that it means much here tonight, though. I went to the grocery store, and now? Well, to quote Stanley Cup of Chowder: "Nothing like a week of West Coast games to make you appreciate a few on home ice. Or even in the home time zone." I have a Bruins game to watch, with a cat next to me, and knitting in my hands; there's also a job listing I saw that I want to ponder more deeply, perhaps between periods. And I'm hoping to make it to the end of the game, something that seems much more possible when the game doesn't start at 10 or 10:30.

So as not to leave you with nothing, though, here: watch a cat hugging his dad. Because it's his dad.

3 comments:

  1. That is precious. Cats have been getting a bad rap lately with the "studies" saying how they are not capable of this kind of love and affection. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are feeling a tad better my friend.

    ReplyDelete