Saturday, November 16, 2013

Of Interviews and Socks and Sunsets

My, how time flies when you have twice as many things to do as time to do them. Ah, life. Anyway, I had the phone interview yesterday, and I'd thought I might write about it last night, but after work I went to a sort of party that's set up annually by someone at a company where I used to work, for people who worked there to catch up. Some years I go and some I don't, but since I'm job hunting this year, it seemed like an especially good time to be networking. I actually kind of enjoyed it, but it's also exhausting to me, all that interacting, and by the time I got home and hit the couch, I was d-o-n-e done. I glowered at the TV as the Bruins lost (scoring only the first two of the six goals the teams combined for), but that's all I did.

As for the interview, it seemed to go well. I talked to the woman in HR for about 20 minutes, answered her questions, she told me a little about the company, and then she said she would be telling the hiring manager that we had spoken, and I will probably hear from her next week to set up an interview. I asked if they had a timeline in mind, and she said she expected that they would be having interviews in the next week or two. So, moving quickly, that's good! I will of course keep you updated; I know you want to know.

In other news, I had coffee this morning with one of my recent coworkers, heard about his new job and talked about the way things are at the current workplace, that sort of thing. It was nice to get out, on a chilly but sunny day, and get some fresh air and a short walk. I'm still going to bike tonight, though, as I missed the last two days and I don't want to get out of the habit, hard-won as it is. My only excuse Thursday night was Carlos. He's usually not a lap cat, preferring to sit next to me instead; he's still interactive, he'll lean against my leg and purr and ask for scritches, but not directly on. Thursday night, though, he settled down firmly on my lap,​ and not only was he much harder for me to move that way, he was giving off some pretty strong sleepiness vibes, and soon I was blinking and yawning. I ended up listening to the end of the Bruins game in bed (it went to OT, and they won that one). It's a scheduling oddity, this being one of very few Saturday nights they don't play. Thursday-Friday-Monday-Tuesday? Odd.

I have a sock-knitting update, as progress is being made on both the purse and the bike socks. I took their photos together today, and you can see each is close to done.
 
 
 
 I've done other little things, but nothing to show until after Christmas. Ahem. I've said too much already. Moving on, some recent sunsets.
 
 
I have someone draped over my left arm now, and since my back is complaining, I think it's time to move with him to the couch.
He says goodnight to you!

3 comments:

  1. Are you feeling well? Two pair of socks going simultaneously yet neither one is blue. Do we need to set up an intervention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the socks. So, what is your favorite way to start toe up socks? I've yet to find a way that I'm partial to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the update and the sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete