Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Job Not to Apply For

It's bad form to make fun of what someone puts on the internet, kind of; at least, try to say it the same way you would to their face, right? But I can't quite figure out how to nicely say what this job listing on Craigslist makes me think. Other than, "Wow. Good luck with that."
I am looking for a VERY experienced, REALLY intelligent writer/editor for my non-fiction book which is getting close to completion. I hate to write, and this has been a ten plus year's effort so far. If you have not had at least ten years experience in publishing please don't bother me. If you are not touched and compelled by human suffering don't email me. If you are not comfortable with science and even some mathematics, don't email me. If you don't have a strong ability to be critical and honest BUT also have the ability to be really supportive and encouraging and not overwhelmed by a grouch (maybe I am not really but would like to be more grouchy sometimes), please don't bother me. I think I may not be easy to get along with. I don't trust hardly anybody. If you are not intimidated (but maybe even inspired) by this posting, give me an email.
Can you?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had such a good laugh in days. Thanks.

    How many rounds did you do on the sock tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that posting inspired me to do was drink.

    ReplyDelete