Thursday, July 11, 2013

Yup, I Biked!

I don't complain about the weather as much in summer as I do in winter (do I?); I take after my mother, who was asked after moving to Florida, "Doesn't it get hot there?" and replied simply, "Yes." I like the warmth, and want to spend time outside in the sun while it's there. (Not that I don't love air conditioning, I do, but I love to need it, too.) This is a roundabout way of saying that I was hoping to eat my lunch outside today; I need some basking, and we've had way too much of the cloudy, rainy weather lately (sometimes 75 degrees, sometimes 95, but Not Enough Sun anyway). I checked the weather forecast this morning before work and it said that although there would be afternoon showers, there was a 0% chance before 1 PM.

So naturally, when I got out of a meeting at 10:30, it was raining.

And no, it wasn't raining at 1. Or 2. Or 3. Or since.

I'm just saying.

Anyway, many thanks to those who asked me about biking! I did bike a few minutes after I wrote last night; not a lot, but more than the "none" that I felt like doing. Baby steps. And since I was motivated by the questions (keep asking, do!), I waited to blog until after I biked tonight. Another ten minutes, I'm all sweaty (ugh), and the heel flap is close to being done. Baby steps indeed, but enough of them and eventually you get somewhere.

Incidentally, I don't know why, as a knitter, I'm not more comfortable with that idea, why it's such a fight. The whole concept of knitting is that it's tiny movements that only together create something. Why does that seem so different to me?

So I knit on the purse sock in the meeting this morning, I knit on the bike, and now I think I'll go off and knit for a few minutes before bed. Thank heavens it's almost the weekend!

*****
Conversation with Carlos:
Meow.
You have food, bud. I just looked.
Meow.
You do. You have food.
Meow.
It may not be the new exciting food that you want [ed note: all of an hour old], but it is food, and it's all you get right now.
...? Does ... not ... compute ...

No comments:

Post a Comment