Tuesday, July 16, 2013

As Promised, Of Food and Sun and Bike

When I mentioned last night that I needed to get my lunch ready for work, I knew there was a possibility that I wouldn't need it, since we have bigwigs in the office and lunch might be provided. On the other hand, they were there on Monday as well, and since no word went out about lunch and nothing happened, I ate what I brought Monday. (An hour and a half later, sandwiches showed up; I wouldn't have wanted to wait that long anyway, and especially not for something as basic as a sandwich.)

So I made tuna salad last night, providing me with three meals for some times over the next few days, and the cats were very happy to get the "tuna juice" (tuna-flavored water from the can); Carlos got most of it, but with two cans worth, there was some left for Miri too.

And so naturally, it wasn't today's lunch after all (though it will be tomorrow's), since they got us pizza for lunch today. Not that I'm complaining: it was good, it came early, and I didn't have to order it. If my big contribution is giving someone else the menu, that works for me!

Since I had been planning to eat lunch outside, in the sun, I went out for a few minutes after eating my pizza, just to feel the sun. There was a car and driver waiting there with a sign (just like at the airport), and a minute later a group of four men came walking back from the cafeteria and said to him, "Still waiting for Hanson?" and he said yes. Then as they walked on, one of them snapped his fingers a few times, and a couple of them broke into the start of "MMMbop", which cracked me up. Haven't heard that song in a few years!

Since I complained on Saturday about missing the sun, it has been around at least part of the last three days, which has been much appreciated, even if it is sickeningly humid along with. Sunshine! On Sunday I took a chair outside and read for a little bit, just to be in the sun. On Friday at work, I'd eaten lunch outside even though there was no sunshine; I just wanted to feel like it might happen. Summer's half over and my sun batteries do not feel half charged to get me through the winter. I need more, please.

I hope there's some this weekend, too, though the only plans I have for the weekend so far involve going to the movies: a friend and I are going to see Despicable Me 2 (yay). But that leaves me plenty of time to be in the sun, if the weather cooperates.

And whether it does or not, thanks to air conditioning and a fan, I can keep biking. Yes, I've been biking! Every night, in fact, and I should go off and do it now. Will I? Ask me tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. O.K. that Hanson bit was hilarious. They have a new song out that's not bad, BTW.

    My cat sends your cats a virtual "paw bump" for getting tuna juice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hanson! hahaha Back when all the girls were swooning over Backstreet Boys Vs NSYNC, they were my boyband of choice! :D

    ReplyDelete