Monday, October 29, 2012

Home, and Safe for Now

So, as planned, I went into the office and worked this morning. Must say, as a silver lining to this storm, the commute was nice! I came home at lunch time, and found that, surprise, surprise, my document didn't want to play nicely on my old version of Word. So sad that I have to take some time off! Such a shame, really. I popped some popcorn to celebrate.

So for now, all's fine here. It's a bit rainy* and veryveryvery windy, trash cans blowing down the street and all, but other than that... Apparently there are already 50,000 in MA who have lost power; my guess is that's mostly along the coast. I hope I keep mine; Carlos is already mad at me for closing the window--his window--and if the heated bed loses heat, I don't imagine he'll be pleased!
*Like going through the car wash more than anything else.

Anyway, I feel like I'd better get this up while I have power. Hopefully after the storm is done, my biggest annoyance will still be missing stitch and bitch tonight--if that's the case, I'll feel very lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm more worried about how annoyed The Cat will be if we lose power than myself! I am glad you are safe at home.

    (Did you try playing around with the Word doc on GoogleDocs at all?)

    ReplyDelete