Tuesday, June 05, 2012

So, So, SOOOOO Tired

Oh, you guys, I am so tired. SO TIRED. It's going to take me a while to get used to this working thing again. All day I'm supposed to sit there? Acting all grown-up? Wearing grown-up shoes and clothes and not reading blogs? Not snacking whenever I feel like it*, especially when it's something loud or messy? Remembering to tone it down a little until these people get to know me?
*Thinking about the last four months, I'm kind of amazed that I didn't gain weight, but I didn't. I may weigh more than I would like to, but it appears that my body is happy here, serious ice cream/gelato consumption to the contrary notwithstanding.

Not that I think it's going to be a problem, everyone's been really nice so far. Beyond just not-annoying, I mean. Welcoming, personally as well as professionally. Examples? Well.
  • The CEO was to be in the office today, and we were advised to be sure to "dress smart". At the end of Monday one of my neighbors let me know that I might want to wear a jacket, since the last time he was there she was the only one who didn't, which made her very uncomfortable. (Good thing my "dress smart" outfit was comfortable, as I saw him across the office at one point but otherwise he was in the conference room from before I arrived until after I left, so I never got to meet him or impress him with it.)
  • A couple of cube-neighbors were discussing tea today, as one gave the other a tea-bag, and I was asked if I like tea. I admitted that I do not, and she promptly said, "Leave the cubes," and smiled. I redeemed myself by declaring my love for chocolate, and bacon (though separately).
So I think they're going to be good to be around. So far there are under a dozen of us in the office, but the goal by the end of the year is 40, so change is happening swiftly.

I'm trying for coherence, and just sat here blinking at the screen for a minute, unable to form a thought. I was so tired last night that although I went to stitch and bitch, my friends were laughing at my zombie state. I turned the light out before 9, and I bet I do the same tonight. That alarm, she is a harsh mistress. And I am so tired. So here, look where I'm going now:

4 comments:

  1. Yay for nice coworkers! Maybe if you're not too zonked out I'll see you at knitting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting through the beginning(even if there was no cape). : )
    Hope you are having a restful nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I just double-checked, it is next week. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice beginning. Nice co-workers make such a difference. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete