Monday, June 11, 2012

Routines

When I'm working, I get into pretty regular routines in a lot of ways; over time, I've learned semi-successfully how to run things within the framework of a job to make myself as happy as possible. Like, I have to eat breakfast before work, even if I don't feel all that hungry; and if I don't have a snack mid-afternoon, I'll be ready for dinner the minute I leave work (which is not all that feasible). I check the bank balance and pay bills every weekend, that sort of thing.

What I didn't know until now is that being out of work for four months is long enough to throw all that up in the air. I wonder how long it will take to re-learn?

Also, how long will it be before his lordship adjusts to my regular absence?
Never, that's when. Never.

Which is to say, here I am and it's already late and the baby wants me. So let me leave you with one of my favorite quotes, which was in this morning's Moment of Happiness:

“Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.”
-Voltaire

Agree? Disagree? Want to share a favorite of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment