Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Quick Proof-quest Note

The last month or two, my job search has been in the holiday doldrums, something that I was more or less at peace with. I know that December is about the worst month to be looking for a job, and the fact that I wasn't finding openings I wanted to apply for did not surprise me. "Wait for January," I told myself (and others). "January will be better."

I was not expecting a magical fairy-wand-wave on January first, or even January third, and certainly I didn't get one. Even when we make sharp delineations between periods of time in our heads, in real life, the lines are not usually so clearly drawn. Instead of striding crisply into the new year, poised and ready, I sort of stumbled over the threshold, metaphorically speaking, holding my aching head and tripping over my sweatpants. And that's okay.

Today I came across a job listing I want to apply for. It isn't perfect, but it's very good. And just reading it made me feel better.

Off to apply. Cross your fingers, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it will end up being perfect. My fingers are crossed for you, keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering about your job situation.

    Fingers definitely crossed!

    ReplyDelete