Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bits and Pieces to End the Long Weekend

Long weekends are so amazing. I'd love to not have to work. Or at least take a year or two off. Pesky living expenses. It's been a good break, anyway. Some of the things I've done:
  • I went to a craft fair, which was fun and yielded some good presents (and maple cotton candy!), but wasn't as big as I was hoping for (it was no Southern Christmas Show, my gold standard).
  • I've shared plenty of couch time with Carlos. Not as much as he would like, of course, but that's a high bar, and biology does mean I have to get up sometimes.
  • I made a list of what I have for who, present-wise, and set up the Christmas cards (and stamps, return address labels, photo pen, regular pen, and address book) to get the process rolling. I've also contemplated the tree plans, including the possibility of replacing the strings of Christmas lights that are from my childhood.
  • I did not buy the heated pet bed I saw at Petsmart yesterday, on the quibbling grounds that $140 is a bit much. Though it was really, really nice. Perhaps someone on Freecycle will come through for me. And I'll keep checking Craigslist.
  • Work continues on the second raspberry sock; I'm working on the heel, so progress is even being made! My mind, however, is drifting to the next project...
Remember the Socks That Rock lightweight I got at Rhinebeck? Sure you do!


I wound it yesterday. It couldn't decide whether it wanted to weigh 4.35 ounces:


Or just 4.30.


The label says it's 4.5, but never mind. It's pretty, and that's what counts with me.



Only time will tell if I manage to finish the current sock before starting with this.

I got a package on Friday:


Time for the Harbor Sweets advent calendar experience again! Get ready: this year, it's going to be twice as good!

Which is more than you can say for this next tidbit, but I had to laugh at this part of today's Globe article on bedbug problems in the area:


Gee, I wonder why? Those wacky people. (His point was that they don't spread disease.)

Carlos can't understand why the vet says he should lose weight.


He's just fluffy! And that's his bad side! And poor lighting!

And although he was probably either squinting here, or annoyed to be disturbed from his nap in the sun, it looks kind of like he's giving me the ... paw.


Miri just wants me to go away, in general.

Sunlight through paw

Toe floof!

Talk to the paw...

1 comment:

  1. Ooh what colorway is that Socks That Rock? It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete