Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday, and just minor news (thankfully)

It's only Saturday afternoon, and I'm already tired. Part of that is because I stayed up late last night reading (Sharon Shinn's latest, Troubled Waters, it's really good if you like fantasy), then found myself awake around 7:20 this morning--not by choice, if I need to say that. It does make me sad when I can't sleep in, when I could but my body doesn't let me.

In one way, it was good that I was up, though, because it would have been really weird if the noise I heard from 9:25 to 10:20 this morning woke me up. There was a service van of some kind (I couldn't read the side from here) parked in front of a house down the street, with a hose running into the house, and it made this deep, almost vibrating hum that really hit my nerves, in a "make it stop" way. I don't know what they were doing, but I hated it.

This morning was also the stressful-for-all-of-us day of the vet's visit (I choose to pay extra to get the vet who makes house calls, rather than deal with Miss Whirling Dervish and Mr Howls in the Car). Nothing too problematic, though Carlos has junk in his ears that will need cleaning out (and of course, the treatment is messy: ointment in the ears). Good thing he's so laid-back, eh? I find the visit a strain, though she's perfectly nice and nothing major was wrong. Something (or two) about cats and November, probably, which will take me a few years to get past.

What, me, superstitious? Nonsense.

'Tis the season for mail-order catalogs to pour in and be pored over, and in addition to the usual suspects there are sometimes ones I've never heard of (Wine Country Gift Baskets?). Such was the case with Acorn, which contained the sorts of things often found in Signals, Wireless and the like, but also contained this:


I love this organizer. And $69 isn't really much, if it's at all well made (no way to tell, of course). Not that I'm buying it, not before I have a permanent job anyway. But I'm wanting it!

I'm going out tonight to meet friends for dinner, so I'm posting earlier than I might ordinarily. Though I may need a nap before I go! Perhaps I'll get a second wind.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if it might have been a carpet cleaning truck that woke you up so early on a Saturday.

    Carlos may howl, Miri may cause a commotion but Tux cries so piteously I'm almost ready to turn around and bring him home; being the Hard Hearted Mommy I don't. Besides, we don't have come-to-you vets out here in the sticks.

    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that organizer does look cool.

    Glad the kitties checked out O.K. How can the vet treat the cats at home--don't they go into hiding? Mine would be underground.

    ReplyDelete