Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Big Things and Little Things


Every year around Thanksgiving, I could probably make much the same list of things that I'm thankful for. The repeat doesn't mean it's any less sincere, but this year I wanted to note the little things as well as the big things I'm grateful to have.

So: Big Things and Little Things
  • my family, spread out geographically but close to each other at heart
  • angel salad
  • health, relatively speaking, my own and that of those I love
  • my digital camera
  • good friends, to talk with and laugh with and be with
  • Lake Champlain caramel-filled chocolates
  • a job, even a temporary one, that helps pay the bills
  • my short-and-sweet commute this morning
  • Carlos, a very good cat
  • the act of knitting, lovely yarn, snuggly hand-knits
  • food, and not just enough to live on
  • the Bruins
  • driving to work again (this should be Little, but really it feels Big)
  • eggnog
  • books
  • getting out of work early for the holiday
  • the internet, blogging, and blog-friends
What about you? Big thing, little thing?

Happy Thanksgiving (or, you know, happy random Thursday in November, if you're not American).

P.S. I would also have been grateful if Blogger had deigned to format this list the way I wanted it to be, but I managed, in the spirit of the season, not to get all bent out of shape about it, or to spend way too much time trying to get it right. Still, no-thanks to you, Blogger.

1 comment:

  1. I think Carlos & Miri would say they are thankful for you, if the Cat Rules didn't bar them from doing such a thing.

    Big thing: The Cat (especially when she clowns around to cheer me up). Today she ate three Honey Nut Cheerios and I think it was totally to humor me.

    Little thing: allergy-free pumpkin pie that actually tastes good

    ReplyDelete