Big Things and Little Things
Every year around Thanksgiving, I could probably make much the same list of things that I'm thankful for. The repeat doesn't mean it's any less sincere, but this year I wanted to note the little things as well as the big things I'm grateful to have.
So: Big Things and Little Things
- my family, spread out geographically but close to each other at heart
- angel salad
- health, relatively speaking, my own and that of those I love
- my digital camera
- good friends, to talk with and laugh with and be with
- Lake Champlain caramel-filled chocolates
- a job, even a temporary one, that helps pay the bills
- my short-and-sweet commute this morning
- Carlos, a very good cat
- the act of knitting, lovely yarn, snuggly hand-knits
- food, and not just enough to live on
- the Bruins
- driving to work again (this should be Little, but really it feels Big)
- getting out of work early for the holiday
- the internet, blogging, and blog-friends
Happy Thanksgiving (or, you know, happy random Thursday in November, if you're not American).
P.S. I would also have been grateful if Blogger had deigned to format this list the way I wanted it to be, but I managed, in the spirit of the season, not to get all bent out of shape about it, or to spend way too much time trying to get it right. Still, no-thanks to you, Blogger.