Sunday, November 14, 2010

After making this list, I see why I'm tired

Progress today:
  • I emptied the dishwasher (which I ran yesterday), and have hand-washed the rest of the pile (including the big pot, which I got out to use for the applesauce and found to be insufficiently cleaned after its last use, ick).
  • Made applesauce. The smell of it, bubbling on the stove, made me happy. Having it in the fridge, and heading to the freezer for later consumption, makes me very happy. Though for sure, it was too many apples this year. Not a bad problem to have, is how I'm thinking of it. Another bout of applesauce is in my future. And some apple crisp. Mmm.
  • Made spaghetti pie for dinner. Between this and the applesauce and the backlog, a fair lot of dish-washing has been going on. My back hurts.
  • Cleaned out the fridge. This does not include cleaning the fridge, but is an essential precursor.
  • Four loads of laundry done and put away (except for the dainties, air-drying).
  • Rearranged the office perch cat area a little.
After a lot of this:

I thought they might appreciate more space.

Right now, of course, they're curled up together on the old space, leaving the elbow room empty save for one extended paw. But give it time.
  • Paid some bills.
  • Photographed the new sock, in "daylight" that mostly changed the color of the yarn.
Not really the right color.

Much closer.

Is it just me, or is that heel the neatest thing ever?

Just me, eh? All right. I can live with that.
  • Took the big pot that had held the basil plant down cellar for the winter. I won't tell you how long it languished on the counter, but it's nice to have the space back. I'm going to miss the basil, but that's winter for you. Speaking of which...
  • Ordered a therapy light.
Yeah. I'm tired of feeling tired all the time, and the doom-cloud of oncoming winter, and decided to try it. Works for some people, hopefully it will work for me. It's getting dark by 4PM, and I hate that! It makes me feel like the evening's over, and I'm out of time, before it even starts. Ugh. I'm with Hamlet's uncle, during the play-within-a-play:
Give me some light!
I will, of course, report back.

4 comments:

  1. I love that heel. Was that a toe-up or top-down sock? My heels *never* look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress! That always feels good!

    The kitties are getting cuter and cuter. I blame Carolos (if 'blame' is the right word).

    Your heel looks so magazine-quality photogenic! I can point to maybe two pairs I did that approach the clean and uniform quality these show. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the heel is lovely and NO, I am not just saying that.

    ReplyDelete