Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunny Saturday, and some summary

Today was a good day, but somehow it exhausted me without accomplishing all that much. I was thinking of going to a craft fair in New Hampshire tomorrow, but now I think that going would just stress me out over household tasks waiting to be done, and since there's another, similar fair in a nearer town in a couple of weeks, I'll go to that one, and spend tomorrow catching up around here.

And that's okay. Maybe I didn't get to the laundry today, but here's some of what I did see:








It was a beautiful day, and the path was therefore full of people with dogs and kids and bikes, so it wasn't as peaceful as some walks, but still restorative. And I picked up books at libraries, and read one of them today*, and that's good, too.

*Half Baked, by Alexa Stevenson. I read her blog, which is good, so it didn't surprise me that the book was, too.

And then there was this tree full of birds, so loud I had to take a mini-movie:



In other news, man, I don't know what I was doing in my sleep Thursday night, but did I ever bork my back. It's been sore all down the right side since Friday morning. It's not so bad sitting down, which is a good thing I guess, but every time I got up to walk Friday at work, the motion of movement made it hurt from the shoulder to the waist. Owie owie ow. By evening, it wasn't so bad, but it's still somewhat sore today, so I didn't unsleep it last night. Man oh man.

This week at work, I was sneezing and blowing my nose, over and over. Yet I'm not coming down with something; I feel fine (other than the usual tired), and the sneezing stopped when I left the building. My reaction wasn't at the same levels last week, and my pre-Florida week, but I think it's just from the blower for the heating system there.

I mean, it's not just me (is it?) thinking that no normal system blows All the Time, but that's what this one does. Just three times, in thirteen days, I have noticed a weird, "loud" silence, and realized the blower turned off. Otherwise, it's on constantly. That doesn't seem right. It blows down into my cube, from two directions no less, enough to flutter paper, and I find it disturbing. Not end-of-the-world, but not pleasant. Ah, well, it's a short-term problem, right? I keep looking for the silver lining to not working a permanent job, and that's one.

What else?
  • There's a fly in the lamp on the table, drunkenly buzzing the bulb.
  • The Bruins lost again tonight; where is the team that scored 5 goals in the third period against Pittsburgh? I like watching them better than the team that can't score.
  • I finished the first of the raspberry skyp socks tonight, having straightened out last weekend's pickup problems on Thursday night (while watching, or mostly not watching, the Bruins lose, humph). Pictures to come.
  • The babies are doing well.

So how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment