Friday, April 03, 2009

Now that's a swatch

As I mentioned last night, I planned to sit down and play with some yarn. (The stomach thing blew over pretty painlessly, ginger ale and saltines, thanks for asking.) I stash-dove stash-dived went into my stash and found a couple of possibilities, and while I was noodling through Ravelry for ideas, I looked at them next to each other, and decided not to over-complicate things.

I held the two together and cast on for a hat, a "so simple there's no way I'm swatching" hat. With something this quick, frogging isn't a major ordeal.

And by quick, I mean that last night I had this:


And 24 hours later, it's done:


I used some Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sportweight, and Mirasol Cotanani (as you can see, almost an entire skein of that).


About the only downside to the speedy knit is that I'm back at square one in terms of what do I knit next? Back to Ravelry! Unless you want to suggest something I could do with 220 yards of handpainted Alpaca?

3 comments:

  1. In answer to your query I direct you to a certain forum thread in said Ravelry:
    http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/simply-simpleknits/364225/1-25#21

    I think you might be able to find some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some speedy knitting! Can't wait to see you Sun night. love me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, they are lovely. What about fingerless mitts?

    ReplyDelete